Friday, April 10, 2009

Week 6

Well its nearly the end of week 6 in NET11 unit and I am very behind. I am doing two subjects this semester. This one, and a Murdoch uni humanities / social science introductory unit. I thought both units would take about 10 hours per week each. The Murdoch unit involves a lot of reading, listening to lectures and set exercise tasks. I have already had 2 deadlines for assessment tasks in week 2 and two deadlines for week 5. I have been spending around 15 hours per week on the Murdoch unit. Consequently I have not devoted nearly enough time to the NET11 unit. I am really interested in this unit and wish I didn't have so much pressure on me to devote time to my other unit.
I feel it is very easy to let this unit 'take a back seat' when there are no work requirements due unit week ten. I am aware that you need to be self-motivated but it is easy to let this unit slide when the other unit and work and family all need attention as well.
This week just gone I have been on holidays with my family camping so have done nothing online at all.
Busy day at work tomorrow then it is going to be a fresh start for this unit - 2 - 4 hours per day until I catch up.
Happy and safe easter to everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debra,

    Well I certainly feel for you regarding the SSK unit, my husband felt the same way when he did it and another unit at the same time. From what you've written here, I'm sure you'll shine through in the other unit as well as this one. Best of luck (although there's no such thing in study I suppose!)

    ReplyDelete