Tuesday, April 21, 2009

chat task: icq

Wow, just had my first chat on icq! Was quite good. I set up yesterday with a list of icq numbers from the discussion board. Janice was online tonight and I had a conversation with her. At first it seemed a bit disjointed compared to a phone conversation, but after a while I realised that you have to allow a bit of time for response and its ok if there is no immediate conversation or feedback. I can see it feel a little bit like email whereby when you send something you dont know if it will be read immediately.
I can image if there were many people in the conversation it the flow could become even more disjointed and confusing.

A conversation without reliance upon voice tone and visual expression means that it could be easy to misinterpret what is being said. I tended to type question after question and reading back what I said made me sound like I was interrogating poor Janice!
Anyway she was a champ and helped me with my many questions about the functions of icq.

No comments:

Post a Comment