Sunday, April 19, 2009

Email: Newsgroups, Lists

Thanks to the discussion board I was able to subscribe to an email list involving our study group, so I am looking forward to receiving email and checking out posts once I am "accepted" into the group.
I am already on an email list for work - retailers in the same industry as myself ask for and send information regarding current industry issues, topic and problems.
The list is connected to a yahoo group. I have tried to post to the group a couple of weeks ago but cannot remember my password or log in code. You need to provide an email address to get your password - the email address from when you first signed up. I can't remember mine so I have given up.
Passwords and signing up for many different groups creates a lot of problem in my everyday life. I try to stick to a few different passwords so I can guess what they may be if i forget but with the different requirements - 8 or 10 digits, alpha numeric and a certain length, combination of numeric, upper and lower case, it is getting harder and harder to remember. I dont want to record the passwords on my laptop so I resort to my memory and my phone for a couple of critical ones.

After lots of reading and contemplating newsgroups I have decided not to do any further work with this task. I went to usenet and clicked on a couple of sites then had all this WIN, WIN , WIN sort of messages appear in about 10 windows.... I hope I havent caught anything!!!!
It took me ages to close all the windows as they jump around the screen.

I found the link to how stuff works to be helpful to explain the different types of email communications.

No comments:

Post a Comment